GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
By registering for our events, you agree to the use of your name and photograph in broadcasts, newspapers, brochures, and other media without compensation.
Your entry fees cover the expenses of the event and you receive tangible/non-tangible goods in exchange for your registration fee (e.g. premium, safe closed and certified course, timing tag and scoring, post-race food, entertainment). Typically, only donations above the registration fees that are made directly to the charity are eligible for tax deductions, however, you should confer with your tax professional.
The Stroller Run, LLC Assumption of Risk and Warning of Risk
Waiver and Release of Claims (“Assumption & Release”)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the The Stroller Run® competition(s), race(s), related expo or events and/or activities (the “Event”), I acknowledge, covenant and agree that:
1. I understand that participating in The Stroller Run is a potentially hazardous activity where participants will push strollers with children in them during the course of the event. The risk of injury, illness, disability and/or death from the activities involved to the adult participant and/or the child participant in the Event is significant including, but not limited to the following: (i) sprains; (ii) strains; (iii) fractures; (iv) cuts and tears; (v) bruises; (vi) heat and cold injuries; (vii) over-use syndrome; (viii) accidents and/or injuries involving vehicles; (ix) animal and/or insect bites and or/stings; (x) contact with poisonous plants; (xi) accidents and/or injury involving, but not limited to falling, slipping, running, hiking, travel by truck car or other convenience; (xii) heart attack; (xiii) potential for permanent paralysis and/or death; (xiv) illness; (xv) those risks created by other Event participants; and (xvi) those risks due to defects or conditions of or at the Event. While particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risk of death, illness, disability or injury does exist;
2. AFTER OPPORTUNITY TO FULLY INFORM MYSELF ABOUT THE EVENT, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN FOR MYSELF AND THE ASSOCIATED CHILD/CHILDREN, and assume full responsibility and all risks of all nature for my participation in the Event;
3. I agree to abide by any decision of an Event official relative to my ability to safely complete the Event, which decision is at the sole discretion of the Event official and I agree lack of a decision does not create any liability or waiver thereof whatsoever; I understand that some of the course may go through water, sand or mud, which has not been tested for chemicals or disease. I assume risk of wild animals and insects that may be present on the course.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and/or next of kin, forever WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE and COVENANT NOT TO SUE The Stroller Run, LLC or Flying Dog Holdings, LLC. and their officers, directors, members, managers, representatives, officials, principals, owners, agents and/or employees, subsidiaries and/or assigns, as well as their independent contractors, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, volunteers and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the Event (collectively “Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, ILLNESS, INCAPACITY, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, DEATH, and/or loss or damage to person or property incurred by me and/or the associated child/children in connection with participation in the Event. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Releasees from any loss, liability, cost, claim or damages arising from my participation in or association with the Event.
5. I agree not to participate unless I and/or the associated child/children am/are medically and physically able, which I am solely responsible to determine. I attest and verify that, unless otherwise indicated below, I am over 18 years of age, am free from all illnesses, injuries and defects that could interfere with my safe participation in the Event and that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in all activities associated with the Event. My participation in the Event is entirely voluntary. I further certify and represent that on the date of the Event I will possess and be covered by medical/health insurance, individually or as part of an organization. I understand and agree that children under the age of 12 are not permitted to participate or accompany me in the Event unless a parent or guardian signs a waiver on their behalf and if no signature is obtained I assume full and complete liability and this Agreement extends to such minor’s participation. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant or disabled in any way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity.
6. I consent for myself and associated child/children to administration of first aid and other medical treatment and transportation in the event of any injury or illness and hereby release and indemnify Releasees from any and all liability or claims arising out of such treatment. This release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with the medical treatment and/or transportation.
7. The Event may be postponed, cancelled, or modify due to weather conditions, Acts of God or other factors beyond the control of any Releasee. There is no refund granted.
8. I agree that The Stroller Run, LLC is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost, stolen, stained or damaged at or during the event. I acknowledge and verify that I may be dismissed from participation, without refund, if I endanger the safety or negatively affect the Event, a person, a facility or property of any type of kind. I understand and agree that pets are not permitted to accompany me in the race, and children under the age of 12 are not permitted to participate or accompany me in the race unless a parent or guardian accepts a waiver on their behalf.
9. I hereby irrevocably, absolutely and in perpetuity, grant unlimited permission to the Releasees to film, videotape and record gratis the performance of the above named participant and associated child/children in the Event and subsequently to telecast, sell, distribute and other utilize the same in whatever manner Releasees deem appropriate. Such permission includes without limitation granting the unlimited and irrevocable right to Releasees, without compensation of any kind to me, to own, use, publish, republish, copyright, reproduce, sell, distribute, or broadcast my name, nickname, image, likeness, voice, photograph, signature facsimile, biographical information or any other depiction of any kind of me or my likeness (collectively the “Images”), in connection with or due to my participation in the Event, in any electronic or print format or media or format whatsoever, whether such format is now known or later developed. I acknowledge and agree that Releasees and their representatives will have this unlimited right throughout the world.
10. In consideration and in return for being allowed to participate in the Event, I release and agree not to sue the Releasees from all present and future claims regarding my participation in the Events that may be made by me, my family, estate, heirs or assigns.
11. I understand and acknowledge that participation in the Event is strictly personal and registration cannot be transferred. I understand that participation as part of an adult and child/children that all members sign a waiver of liability or have a waiver signed on their behalf and release and that participation in the Event will be deemed full agreement to each and every term of this waiver of liability and release.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION AND WARNING OF RISK AGREEMENT, I DO FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. WHEN REGISTERING ONLINE, MY ONLINE AGREEMENT SHALL SUBSTITUTE FOR AND HAVE THE SAME LEAGL EFFECT AS AN ORIGINAL FORM SIGNATURE. PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED IF I HAVE NOT ACCEPTED THIS WAIVER BEFORE THE START OF THE EVENT
There are no refunds for successful events. If you are unable to attend your scheduled event your options are to transfer to another run in the same year or transfer your registration to another person. All transfers must be completed before the date of the original race.
If a race is postponed, you will automatically be registered for the new date. You will be emailed with the event details. If you are unable to attend the new date please contact us to either transfer your registration to someone else or a different location.
If the venue or time of the event changes, we will notify you by email with the details. We do not issue refunds for venue or time changes at our events, but it is up to our discretion.
If an event is cancelled, full refunds will automatically be issued back to the original form of payment within 5-7 business days of the announcement.
By accepting the Waiver and Refund policy you are agreeing to this refund policy.
Click here to login and digitally sign the waiver, if you haven’t already done so.
Unauthorized Promotion and/or Flyer Distribution
Passing out flyers and/or placing flyers on car windshields is absolutely prohibited at The Stroller Run. In some municipalities this practice is unlawful, creates litter and can leave a venue in a worse condition than when we arrived. People found passing out flyers will be asked to stop distributing and to leave a venue that has been rented by The Stroller Run. Failure to adhere to this policy may negate future opportunities for partnership with The Stroller Run. Please consider The Stroller Run’s affordable event marketing services.